Refugee Week empowers people and organisations to create their own celebrations.
Get involved by trying some of these initiatives:
- Arrange a co-workers shared lunch, where everyone brings foods from their cultural heritage
- Ask a refugee to speak at your shared lunch
- Start a conversation to learn about another person’s journey to Australia OR share your own journey
- Ask to learn a cultural dance, music or song
- Volunteer or donate: do something positive for refugees locally, nationally or worldwide
- Let your politicians know that you support the basic human right for all humans to seek asylum
- Give a welcoming smile to a stranger in the street – it doesn’t even have to be a refugee
For more information about Refugee Week and how it’s celebrated across Australia, visit the Refugee Week website .