Our beautiful Christmas Brooches are now available to purchase! These have been hand made by two of our fabulous volunteers at Diversitat Aged Support, Di & Cathy. The gorgeous brooches have so much detail. Each sequin and bead has been hand stitched, to create a one off piece of statement jewellery that radiates Christmas cheer.
All proceeds from these little gems will go toward a massage chair for our clients, as we know that gentle massage has many benefits for the elderly, such as:
- Increased circulation; which will enhance the flow of nutrient-rich blood to essential body parts.
- Immune support; research supports, gentle massage movements release toxins from the body, and supports the immune system.
- Improved sleep; getting a massage promotes relaxation, thus stimulating the release of natural brain cells that help encourage restful sleep.
- Nervous System stimulation; studies have found that massage therapy releases endorphins, hormones and neurotransmitters that are beneficial for the functioning of the nervous system.
- Enhanced flexibility; massage helps release the tension in the muscles, thus relieving pain and stiffness. Gentle massage movements promote flexibility, enabling the person to perform a wider range of activities.
By purchasing one of these lovely brooches, you will be directly helping to benefit our clients, both mentally and physically. And for that, we thank you
- Christmas Tree brooches are $10 each
- Christmas Present brooches are $5 each.
** Pop in and see us at our brand new Healthy Living Centre, 25-41 Arunga Avenue Norlane, to purchase one of these original pieces. Alternatively, phone or email us to organise other arrangements on 5222 7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org **
Kind regards and Christmas cheer to all,
From everyone at Diversitat Aged Support.