Multicultural NDIS Community Connectors
Diversitat is a highly respected community organisation with over 40 years of service to the Geelong and surrounding areas. We are passionate about our work and promote inclusion and equity for all.
You will deliver disability awareness activities aimed at target communities and link potential NDIS participants to the NDIA and with relevant and appropriate support pathways. You will provide advocacy with potential participants as part of system engagement, work collaboratively with existing NDIA community engagement activities, and provide advice around systemic barriers to accessing the NDIS for CALD people with disability.
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting people with a disability and their family/carers/representatives to advocate for their rights and needs;
- Sound working knowledge of the NDIS;
- Experience in engaging and consulting with culturally diverse communities, particularly in the areas of health and wellbeing;
- Good communication and organisation and planning skills;
- Passion for advancing the needs and aspirations of ethnic and multicultural communities, language skills an asset;
- Formal qualifications in disability, community services or equivalent (VET or higher) or equivalent in a related field;
- Fluent in a language other than English (desirable), particularly in priority community languages.
As a values based organisation, we walk the talk. Diversitat is driven by its vision statement which is to empower individuals to reach their full potential. This is true for our clients and our employees. We are an inclusive and supportive organisation who values our staff.
- Genuine work-life balance;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Generous salary packaging options.
There are 3 positions available 1 position in Barwon for 30-38 hours per week. 1 in Wyndham and 1 in Melton both for 15 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Applications should include a cover letter outlining, a document addressing the key selection criteria and a current resume and be sent to email@example.com with ‘Multicultural NDIS Community Connectors’ as the subject line.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a police check, working with children check and a disability worker exclusions check as part of the offer of employment.
We welcome applications from all diverse backgrounds including individuals that identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQ+, and individuals with disabilities or culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Robyn Martinez, General Manager Aged Support on 03 5222 7275.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.