Trainer and Assessor – TESOL
Diversitat is a highly respected community organisation with over 40 years of service to the Geelong and surrounding areas. We are passionate about our work and promote inclusion and equity for all.
To teach one or any combination of Certificates in Spoken and Written English (CSWE) – Preliminary (Pre-CSWE), Beginner (CSWE 1), Post Beginner (CSWE 2) and Intermediate (CSWE III) levels, Certificate in EAL, certificates in EAL 1- 3, and Certificate in General English.
Working as part of a dedicated team you will:
- Plan, prepare and deliver courses/training according to the training package or accredited course;
- Provide flexible learning and assessment strategies which will meet the learning needs of a range of students;
- Maintain accurate and secure administrative and student records in accordance with appropriate funding bodies and the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
To excel in this role you will have:
- TAE40110 with upgrade units OR TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment as a minimum;
- Minimum of an undergraduate qualification in TESOL;
- Ability to conduct LLN testing for new arrivals/enrolments on a pre-interview and formulate Individual Pathway Planning with learners;
- Experience in delivering English classes to culturally and Linguistically Diverse adult (CALD) clients.
As a values based organisation, we walk the talk. Diversitat is driven by its vision statement which is to empower individuals to reach their full potential. This is true for our clients and our employees. We are an inclusive and supportive organisation who values our staff.
- Genuine work life balance;
- Work and live in the Geelong region;
- Generous salary packaging options.
This is a Sessional Position.
How to Apply:
Applications should include a brief cover letter, a letter addressing the key selection criteria together with a current resume and be sent to email@example.com with ‘Trainer and Assessor – TESOL’ as the subject line.
Applications close Sunday, 31st March 2019.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact our people and organisational development team on 03 5221 6044.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a police check, working with children check and a disability worker exclusions check as part of the offer of employment.
We welcome applications from all diverse backgrounds including individuals that identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, GLBTIQ+, and individuals with disabilities or culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.