Are you an asylum seeker or know someone who is an asylum seeker? Are you looking for work? The Job Options for Asylum Seekers program can help you.
This program is open to all people who are asylum seekers who have working rights, including those with SHEV, TPV and Bridging visa’s. Basic English communication to Level 3 standard is required.
This program is free to be involved and intensive one-on-one employment assistance is provided to enable participants to find work in the Geelong region. We work on reducing the barriers to employment for people who are asylum seekers.
Program support includes:
- Resume and cover letting writing
- Interview practice
- Work experience and volunteer opportunities
- Clothing for interviews and work
- Training and career planning
- Advocacy/assistance with current employer
- Information on starting a small business or working for yourself
- Education support
- English tutoring
For more information or to get involved, contact Rachael Parker on (03) 5221 6044 and [email protected].