Statement of Commitment to the Prevention of Violence Against Women
Diversitat has ongoing and strong commitment in leading the way and actively working in preventing violence against women and their children so that we can create a safe, inclusive and respectful community.
We understand the significance of preventing violence against women and the positive outcome this will have for all people in our community.
Diversitat will work to address these standards for the following statements:
- All women and their children have the right to live free from violence and feel safe and respected within their relationships, workplaces and community.
- Preventing violence against women and their children and developing a culture of equity and respect is everyone’s responsibility.
- All men have an important role to play in preventing violence against women.
- All women and men have the right to opportunities for equal participation in public and private life.
- The causes of violence are consistently articulated as gender inequality and the adherence to rigid gender roles.
- Safety is a fundamental human right. Everyone – regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, race, culture, disability, religious and spiritual belief or location – has a right to be safe and live in a society that is free from violence.
- Promote and support initiatives which increase awareness and knowledge of violence against women and their children in the community.
- Demonstrate leadership in the primary prevention of violence against women and their children.
- Encourage respectful relationships between all members of the community and promote the rights of everyone to live free from violence.
- Raise employee and community awareness of the causes and consequences of violence against women and their children.
- Provide an inclusive and equitable working environment.
- Advocate for gender equity in planning, decision-making and service delivery across our organisation.