COVID-19 Update- Read the latest information here or call us on 5260 6000.

COVID-19 Information Hub

Diversitat is here to help you during the COVID-19 crisis.

Our offices are currently closed to the public but please call us on (03) 5260 6000 and we can direct your call.

Services available through Diversitat

The Diversitat Northern Community Hub is not open to the public.

Please call us on (03) 5260 6000 and we will direct your call.

If it is an emergency, please call 000.

If you are sick and think you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your doctor. If you want to talk to someone about your symptoms first, call the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080 for advice.

More Information

If you require more information about coronavirus (COVID-19) in a number of different languages please view the following resources.

Resources for family and domestic violence support services as well as racial discrimination and abuse are also available on this page.

Racial discrimination and abuse is against the law, contrary to our values, and damages social cohesion.

Australia is a proud multicultural nation, united by shared values based on freedom, equality and respect for all people.

All Australians have a role to play in responding to racism, by calling it out when they see it, standing in solidarity with affected people and communities, and celebrating our rich multicultural diversity.

Prevention of violence against women

Domestic & sexual violence is likely to increase during times of community distress. Domestic & sexual violence is never okay and should not be dismissed or excused.

If you feel frightened or are concerned about your own or someone’s safety and wellbeing, or if you need to reach a place of safety, call safe steps 1800 015 188 for advice, help and support.

If you cannot safely call the 24/7 phone line, please email [email protected] and a support worker will reply to you ASAP. Learn more at Safe Steps.

For non-English speakers:

If you or someone you care about is experiencing family violence and speaks limited or no English, safe steps can help. They have a number of multi-lingual staff or can arrange for a telephone interpreter to translate calls.

All you need to do is call them on 1800 015 188 and tell them:

  • Your phone number
  • Your language
  • When it is safe to call

A bi-lingual staff member or interpreter will then call you back.

If a woman you know is unable to speak English to give us this information, you can call for them to help arrange a follow-up telephone call.

Family and domestic violence support services:

Learn more about what you can do to help.

Emergency Relief

Diversitat’s Emergency Relief service has ceased operation.

If you require emergency food in the Geelong region please contact one of these services (download).

Information Videos

Information videos in a number of languages.

Videos in other languages:

Refugee and Asylum Seeker Information

Counselling Services

Asylum seekers | Refugees | Permanent residents | Holders of temporary visas | Families

Refugee & Asylum seeker counselling team at Barwon, Child, Youth & Family (BCYF) 

You can ask for emotional support if you are newly arrived or have been in Australia for many years by calling BCYF on 03 5226 8900


You can access mental and physical health support if you are 12 – 25 years old on (03) 5222 6690

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)

You can access mental health support for children and adolescents from 0 to 15 years on 4215 8631

After Hours: 1300 094 187

All of these services are free of cost for all permanent residents as well as holders of temporary visas

If language is a barrier, you will be supported with an appropriate interpreter

You don’t need a GP referral to access these services

You can also talk with your doctor/GP about your mental health. When you see your doctor, they’ll assess what help you need.

This could include:

  • making a mental health assessment
  • creating a mental health treatment plan
  • referring you to a psychiatrist or other mental health professional
  • giving you a prescription for medicines to treat depression or anxiety.

National 24/7 crisis services:

  • Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636
  • Lifeline 13 11 14
  • Sane Australia 1800 18 7263
  • Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
  • Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467

A free interpreting service for people who do not speak English is available for these services.

To access this service:

  • Call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450
  • Ask for the language you need, the service provider you would like to contact (Headspace, for example) and the phone number.

Please call us on 5260 6000