Why Get Involved?
To create friendships and supports between people with shared language, culture, community, experience and interests. Create smiles from connections in the Geelong Region.
All volunteers will have: a Police Check, and received Diversity Intelligence Training and Program Specific Training (facilitated by Diversitat). Volunteers will also receive on going supervision and support from our CVS Coordinator, Jasmin Findlay.
- Visitee // Recipient Eligibility
- Holding, or waiting on, an approved Government Home Care Package, AND
- Be of CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) background, OR
- Identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or questioning
- Be at risk of, or suffering from isolation or loneliness
- Or financially or socially disadvantaged
Refer your client to our CVS Hola Amigo Visiting Program, by directly contacting the Diversitat Aged Support CVS Coordinator, Jasmin Findlay.
How to get Involved?
Any Home Care Package recipient whose quality of life could be improved by the companionship of a regular community visitor, can be referred to the CVS by:
- Their aged care provider or case manager
- A family member or friend
- Their Doctor
- Self-identified that they would benefit
Referral to the Hola Amigo Visiting Program is directly via your local Community Visitors Scheme Coordinator, Jasmin Findlay, at Diversitat Aged Support. Get in touch via phone, email or Visit the Healthy Living Centre.
Download the Referral Document for more information
If you would like to know more about volunteering for our friendly visitors program, direct all queries to Jasmine Findlay.