Diversitat’s Driver Education Program aims to facilitate driver education and practice for new arrivals to help them achieve their settlement goals and become active and independent participants in the community.
The program is comprised of three core components:
- Driver Education Classes
- Driving School
- Driver Mentor program
Driver Education Classes
A classroom based program for those over the age of 21. Through the program, participants learn about their responsibilities as road users.
Topics covered will include:
- Challenges of driving and getting your probationary licence
- Road signs, speed limits and road markings
- Managing risk – alcohol, drugs and speed
- Legal responsibilities, penalties and demerit points
- Vehicle safety including child safety restraints
- Purchasing a car and car maintenance
- Types of car insurance explained
These sessions are facilitated by a qualified trainer, using interpreters in conjunction with a number of key partners within the community such as Victoria Police.
Diversitat’s Driving School is facilitated by a highly experienced driving instructor. The Driving School offers driving lessons in English.
Driving Mentor Program
This is a volunteer based program aimed at enabling learner drivers to gain the hours of driving practice required to obtain their probationary licence. For more information on the terms and conditions of this program please contact Diversitat.
A big thank you to VicRoads who support our Driving Programs.