The Federal Government, through the Federal Department of Social Services funds the Diversitat Emergency Relief Program.
The aim of the Emergency Relief Program is to assist people who are in crisis circumstances. It is not possible to list all the types of crisis that a person may experience, but a crisis may consist of:
- Being unable to pay for essential medication
- Rent arrears that have caused a landlord to start eviction processes
- Losing a job and grappling with less income
- Centrelink Wait periods for a person with no income, or no other support
- Not being able to put food on the table
Emergency Relief assistance can only be provided after an appointment, at which an assessment of a person’s circumstances is made.
To make an appointment
Call (03) 5221 6044 and ask for the Intake Worker, who will discuss your eligibility. Where we cannot provide assistance, we can usually offer alternatives agencies that may be able to assist.