Staying Grounded: Common Ground Project
Diversitat offers a range of programs for job seekers who are from a culturally and linguistically diverse background and for employers seeking a culturally diverse workforce.
For Job Seekers:
- For all multicultural migrant job seekers of all visa types and residential status, excluding International Student visa holders.
- Referral, mentoring support, and Employability training through our New Futures program
- Youth employment support
- Support and referral to job opportunities, career pathway options and job ready programs
- Access to our Regional Job Match employment platform. Skills, and experience of job seekers will be matched to opportunities posted by our network of registered employers.
“Thank you so much for all your efforts. You are really wonderful and without your help I could not get the job” – Sara: Asylum Seeker
- Staffing solutions free of charge
- Supported, pre-screened applicants that are work-ready with a broad range of skills and experience.
- Access to Regional Job Match employment platform. Employers receive direct notification of suitable candidates matched to posted employment opportunities.
- Ongoing support for employers and employees
- Cultural awareness training for businesses.
“Diversitat was quick to respond when we first approached them about our pilot program for refugees and asylum seekers, clearly recognising the value of our program and the potential for a lasting and reciprocal partnership.
Diversitat was instrumental in getting this program off the ground, in helping us to curate a culturally appropriate and fitting offering and in expanding our own awareness of the challenges faced by vulnerable communities in the region. The many positive outcomes of this program are a direct result of the dynamic relationship we share with Diversitat.
We are grateful for their ongoing support and look forward to innovating ways of working together in the future.” – Diamond Rozakeas: Director, Common Ground Project
Find out more
Tel: (03) 5221 6044 and ask for the following staff
Lena: Asylum Seeker Program
Corrie and Prehashini: Regional Employment Initiative
Wol: Multicultural Youth Action Plan (MYAP)
Alison: New Futures Program
Amy: HSP/SETS Employment
Email: [email protected]