The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is currently recruiting interpreters to meet the ongoing growth in demand for interpreting services in Australia.
Requirements for becoming a TIS National interpreter
TIS will give preference to applicants who have transitioned to the new NAATI Certification model. They encourage interpreters to have certification from the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) at the Certified interpreter level where available.
To be eligible to become a TIS National interpreter you must:
• be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen residing in Australia
• be 18 years of age or older
• have the required qualifications for the language you wish to interpret in
• provide a certified copy of a National Police History Check/National Police Certificate (NPC) dated within the past 12 months
• provide a current employment Working with Children Check from your state or territory of residence, where required (Australian Capital Territory, Northern Territory and South Australia)
• provide certified copies of 100 points of identification documentation
For more information go to the TIS website